Monday, June 18, 2012

Triple

I wasn't planning to run today but ended up doing 3 mini-runs which totalled 9.2kms (in 41:58) - at a very sedate pace of 4:32/km.

I was invited to the launch of this year's Streets of Galway 8km road race at the Claddagh Hall. I parked up near Eyre Square and jogged down to the hall (2km). The photos called for a couple of highly tuned athletes with good physique to dress up in morph suits for some of the press photos. Imagine my surprise when I got the call up. Here's a flavour of what I'm talking about:


After the photos were done and dusted I jogged back to the car (1.5km). Upon arrival home I then decided that 3.5kms didn't constitute a run so I headed out for a further 5.7km.

Good fun all round and now waiting to see what photos make the papers later in the week...

No comments: