Sunday, June 17, 2012

Half Marathon (for fun)

Up early and wanted to run for around 90 minutes (local solo run). I covered 3 of my local loops and upon arrival home the Garmin showed I was just shy of 21kms so like a complete muppet I decided to carry on to get the half marathon distance up (doing a loop of the estate). Total 21.1kms in 1:29:59 (4:16's).

A family meal was planned for 2pm but I was cooking so it turned out an hour late....I used the delay to my advantage nipping down to the 5km marker of the "Great Race" to watch the leaders come through. Some great results from my training partners with Fintan running a 33:20 PB in his DEBUT 10km race for 2nd. Plus Owen running a solid 34:14 for 3rd. Well done!!

I think I'm going to have a hit-out this week in the Annaghdown 10km on Summer Solstice day. A good course where I ran a PB last year. With that in mind I plan to have a relatively easy week on the training front.

Weekly total of 100.8kms. My first triple figure week since London.

No comments: