Tuesday, March 04, 2014

The old 6 x 5 mins

Myself and my trusty wingman for some 5 minute efforts (with 60 seconds recovery). Perfect running weather and after 10 minutes warm-up it was straight into the first effort off a rolling start. The first one is normally slow so we perhaps worked it a bit harder than normal, then after that I settled into a decent groove. I'd not done this session for 4 weeks and I recall struggling the second half of the reps back then. That wasn't the case today, and I felt good throughout (the pace should be comfortably hard) - that was until the last one where I felt flat. Anyway, an excellent session which we both nailed. Here are the paces per km for each of the reps:

3:18/3:14/3:16/3:15/3:13/3:17

A warm-down of 3.6kms to give us 15.4kms for the day.

A few photos of the Kinvara 10km courtesy of their website. Just after the start:


During the race at the top of the hill at 7km:


The finishing chute:


No comments: