Wednesday, March 05, 2014

35 mins at LT

Another threshold session. Again on the treadmill which offers me a very controlled environment (I'll do all of these on the mill). After a 2.5km warm-up and a change of shoes into the flats, it was time to get rolling. I set the pace to 18.0kms/hr (3:19/km) but after 25 minutes I was right at the top of my HR target (151/152) so every couple of minutes thereafter I had to notch down the pace a fraction to keep the HR in check. All up a total of 10.46kms in the 35 minutes which averages out at 3:21/km.

So that's 5 minutes more than last week - and I aim to increase these by 5 minutes per week until I get up to 45 minutes. I felt good today - though come the end the ball of my right foot again felt sore (blister) - and I'd generated enough sweat to swim out of the room. A 2.5kms warm-down to give me 15.5kms for the day.

Snooker in the evening. A few 20 odd breaks but nothing flash. We were on the match table and the pockets were as tight as....well you know what. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Ronnie's performance hasn't rubbed off on me yet....but it will come.

No comments: