Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Run, Rub and Rolling back the years

Easy run to see how the new niggle was. Could feel it for the first 5 minutes and then it went, and then the spotlight was back on the knee. All up 9.5kms in 41:25 (4:22's).

Another massage to try and take some pressure off the knee. The focus was again on the quad, plus a very tight base of the hamstring on the same side. Could be linked so hopefully some improvement when I next run.

Out in the evening for snooker. I can't recall playing that well for a long time. I played 5 frames and in the first frame I hit a 66 break. That set the tone and I had further breaks of 45, 34, 38 and 73! I missed an easy enough green off the spot whilst on the 73 with the remaining 4 colours on the spots so the 98 clearance went begging. Still compared to how I've been playing lately that was a massive improvement and took me back to how I could play 20 years ago. Maybe still time to get that elusive 100 (my highest ever break is 99)...

No comments: