Friday, February 21, 2014

More threshold

Weather dodgy so on the tready again. Warm-up of 2.5kms, then 30 minutes at threshold, then a 2.5km warm-down. I tried to keep the heart rate in the 145 to 151 range but it takes a good 5 minutes to get up there, and then it gradually rises throughout the session. I felt pretty good up to about 25 minutes, and then it was a struggle the last 5 minutes. I covered 8.96kms in the 30 minutes so that's an average of 3:21/km pace (or 33:30 10km pace). Swimming in sweat come the end and also developed a bit of a blister on the ball of my right foot (wearing cheap socks). That's the problem with the treadmill - you are landing on exactly the same part of your foot every time and that coupled with the sweat and dodgy socks...equals blister.

All up 14.0kms with 2.5kms of warm-down.

Darts in the evening. Away in Abbeyknockmoy. I won both my singles and pairs and played a lot steadier. Overall we won 6-3 so that's another win to keep us in the top 3.

No comments: