Saturday, August 31, 2013

Time poor

A quick run home from work - a 1km warm-up, then straight into a tempo run (I don't have a heart rate monitor (yet) so I only had pace from my watch to rely upon). Not a good start as after about a minute I had to stop at a level crossing for a few minutes to allow a train to pass....

Back into it and I didn't feel great - I was running into a diagonal cross wind and the first half of the run felt like it was all uphill. I checked my watch after about 10 minutes and I was pleasantly surprised by my pace which was shown at 3:22/km (it felt much slower). I continued on until I hit a big climb about a mile from home so I took the opportunity to stop my tempo effort (5.66km in 19:09 at 3:23/km).

A nice easy jog home for 8.4kms all up. A session done in just over 30 minutes. That's training on a budget. Happy enough with that. A big run planned for tomorrow to finish the week off.

No comments: