Thursday, August 08, 2013

Morning

Only Gearoid and myself today for the 7am jaunt. Super conditions and lots of chat and the run was over before you know it. 14.8kms in 1:05:09 (4:24's).

The Streets of Galway 8km is on this Saturday and for the first time in moving here I won't be running. Instead I'm Cavan bound with the family for a night away. I thought Cavan was near Sligo and after looking at the map I was a little wayward. 0 out of 10. Must do better. Anyway, the race itself promises to be a belter. Mark Kennealy may be running and he is in decent nick after what looked like a 29:22 10,000m jog to me the other week (I was lapped twice...). But there may be a runner from the Tipton Harriers who could give him a nudge...

And good luck to anyone running the City to Surf on the weekend in Sydney. I think it's the biggest foot race in the world? From my experience it was always the biggest drink on the calendar...

No comments: