Tuesday, August 06, 2013

5 x (1km / 1 min / 400m / 2 mins)

Back to the track. About 3kms around the pitches then a further 4 laps of the track whilst the main group were doing their dynamic stretches and strides (which I always avoid - not sure why).

The session tonight was kms and 400's. I decided on 5 sets (as opposed to 4) as I'm taking a break from racing and I thought I'd take it nice and steady. It was a very damp evening - persistent rain and the track was very damp and covered in small puddles around the bends. But hardly any breeze which at least was something.

My times were:

3:12 / 71
3:05 / 72
3:08 / 71
3:09 / 70
3:08 / 69

Nothing to set the world on fire but I'm happy with that after last week. I finished with a 2.1km warm-down to give me 13.7kms for the evening. Absolutely drenched come the end.

Then into town to pick up my Dad who'd been in the pub whilst I was out training. I think next time we should swap places...

No comments: