Tuesday, December 11, 2012

8 x 3 minutes

Out to track tonight to find that the gates were locked. Instead we were running around the hockey pitches on the gravel which was a bit easier on the knees.

A longer warm-up tonight of 3.7kms. The session was 8 x 3 minutes originally off 90 seconds but this was revised down to 75 seconds "so people didn't get too cold". Ah yes, it was quite chilly - probably around 2 degrees. Similar to yesterday really - cold but no wind or rain.

A big enough group and the 3 minutes would allow us all do to around 2 full laps. Then we could all re-group in time for the start of the next rep. I started conservatively and gradually wound up the pace. The last few were starting to hurt and I really pushed the last one. I could tell I was running that bit quicker each time as I was getting further into the 3rd lap...

No idea of pace. I'd imagine it was close to 3:18/km pace at the start working down to around 3:05/km pace to finish. Owen and Christy both running well right on my heels.

Same warm-down of 3.7kms to finish with. That's about 15.0kms for the day.

3 comments:

Pedantic John said...

"conservativly" tut tut Matt, your spelling is usually very good.

BeerMatt said...

Thanks PJ. I've changed it just for you.

Pedantic John said...

Thank you, it had been irritating me. Great blog by the way.