Sunday, June 19, 2011

Runs on the board

A real struggle to get going today. Eventually hit the pavements at about 8:30pm and I was determined to do a long run of sorts. I ran my local double loop course of 17.6kms in 1:13:07 and that works out to 4:09/km pace.

Probably 1hr 30+ should be classified as a long run so I didn't quite make it! Still that's 78.8km for the week. Again poor volume but a good race on Thursday in amongst it all.

One thing I've noticed is that my calves feel like they've cramped up really badly following a big night on the drink. It must be the combination of dehydration and alcohol. My left calf was very sore today, as if I'd run a marathon the day before.

Next week the focus will again be on racing. First up will be the 10km Tuesday night in Annaghdown (summer solstice). It's a flat quick course so I'll be looking to have a crack at my PB.

No comments: