Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Am I Soft?

An easy run today - 9.5km in 38:23 (4:03's). Still feeling pretty tired. I'll train through it and freshen up next week.

I was thinking about how hard I push myself during intervals and races and came to the conclusion that I'm more than a little lily livered. I read about some runners doing the lung busting/pain train/vomit sessions. I don't think I've even come close to vomiting after a (running) session. I think I have an auto mechanism that kicks in when it starts to really hurt and I naturally back off. Sure I may be doubled up for 30 seconds after a tough workout, but within minutes I'd be fully recovered. Is this normal? Do I need to toughen up?

Tomorrow I'll be at the track. There are some race options (800m!) but it all depends on what time I can get in as I may be tied up with the kids. Maybe some 400's if all else fails...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I wouldn't say you are soft.
I reckon the Tottenham defence is softer.