Sunday, August 08, 2010

Slow and Long

Met with Paul at Dangan and after a 15 minute warm-up, we ran down to the cathedral to meet some other GCH runners for the normal 9am start. There was a group of 12 or so. Not running at quick pace, just a nice pace to get to meet the other runners and have a chat. We did the normal 11.5 mile loop back to the start, then we headed back to Dangan. All up the run was 2:14:11 and I estimate a total of 28km. Not a quick pace but perfect after the race the night before.

So that's 101.2km for the week. Nice to crack the ton with a days rest. My left knee seems really good at the moment - strange - when you consider the bigger kms I am running.

I've decided to knock the August marathon on the head. Instead I will run the half. This will give me the best chance of running a quicker time in Dublin. And that's what my #1 goal will be for 2010. Is sub 2:30 in the marathon a possibility? Watch this space to find out.

No comments: