Wednesday, August 04, 2010

6 x 4 lappers off a minute

Drove to the track for a tough session. I did my 2 mile warm-up, then started my session of 6 x 4 lappers. I allowed myself 60 seconds recovery which is not long....to be ran at 10km speed which I calculated should be around 5:12 for each effort (78 second laps or 3:15 per km pace).

Actual times were:

5:13 / 5:12 / 5:11 / 5:11 / 5:09 / 5:07

Was pleased with that - it was a swirling wind so you had to keep working different sections of the lap to keep the pace up. Also good to get them slightly quicker as the session progressed - despite feeling a little out of sorts today. There was certainly nothing in the tank come the end.

Finished up with a 2 mile warm down. So a total of 10 miles in old money or 16kms if you prefer.

No comments: