Saturday, April 24, 2010

Running with mates

Got a text Friday evening from Saxon saying that Rotary Park intervals were happening with him and Palms in the morning Was I keen? Yes I was.

An 8:30am start from LCNP. Palms had got me some new racing flats (Asics DS racers) and I was keen to try them out so they went straight on. A bit of dirt would do them good.

A twisty 2.6km jog to the track and we agreed that the session would be 4 lappers. Maybe 4 or 5.

Palms was leading the first lap, me the second, Sax the third and back to Palms for the last. A 100m walk, 300 slow jog recovery with target times of 5:20 for the efforts.

Actual times were:

5:15, 5:16, 5:15, 5:13

These felt really easy. I could have run a fair bit quicker. It was so much easier running with the new shoes (fantastic), a group (seems much easier) and in the morning (much cooler). We couldn't decide on doing a 5th rep so as a compromise we did a 2 lapper. After a 75 second first lap it was time to stretch the legs and with a 68 second lap we all finished with a 2:23 (sub 3 minute km pace).

A 2.6km jog back to the start. All up 14.2km. I hope I feel this good next Saturday. If I do, I'll have a blinder.

No comments: