Thursday, April 01, 2010

Intervals

Was planning on SOPAC but ended up more local at the grass track on Mowbray Road. I had the track to myself and lanes 1 and 2 were out of action so planned 5 x 800 running in lane 3 which relied on an estimation of the distance using double the 400m stagger.

After a 4km warm-up I got into it. I wanted to run them hard but not flat out and thought that 2:30 per rep was a fair target. With a 400m (slightly longer as in lane 3) jog recovery. Actual times were:

2:32, 2:31, 2:30, 2:30, 2:29

Not too bad but these certainly did not feel comfortable. I was pushing hard to bring them in around 2:30. It must be the grass track which slows me down a bit. I ran the last rep in lane 1 just to see if my estimate of 800m was close and it was.

After a 4km warm-down I was done. All up 13.6km.

No comments: