Saturday, April 25, 2009

Travel to London

We left Norwich at 10am and headed for London. We were staying just outside London in Barking, Essex. We had the sat-nav programmed so all was good. As we approached the hotel we had a few dramas with missing turn-offs, doubling back on ourselves, and Saturday football traffic. It must have taken well over 1 hour to get the final few kms to the hotel. Anyway, we arrived safely and checked into the hotel.

We decided to head straight to the expo to pick up my race number. We got a taxi there (1o quid), and then quickly picked up my race number and chip. All very well organised. As my Dad said, he had never seen so many thin people in one place. Lots of stands to see at but we didn't spend too long looking round as I wanted to stay off my feet. We hopped into a cab back to Barking and encountered the same traffic again as we had done earlier. 30 quid later we were back at the hotel....

Another mate of mine was at the hotel and my Dad and him planned to go into town to watch the Spurs play Man Utd in the afternoon. I decided to stay put, have some food in the hotel restaurant then head to bed for an early night. The start of this all went to plan. I had plenty of carbs, but Spurs got hammered in the football, so the 2 drinkers were soon back at the hotel making themselves very familiar with the bar. I stayed up with them a while but at about 9pm I decided to head to bed. My Dad who I was sharing a room with soon joined me and quickly fell asleep in the bed next to me. Little did I know that he was the loudest snorer in the northern hemisphere. I gave this about an hour before I made the decision to move to a new hotel room. Not what I need the night before a marathon!

No comments: