Saturday, September 20, 2014

Round Norfolk Relay

I didn't do much during the day. I had a quick look around the city in the afternoon and I was just making my way home from town to prepare for my relay run when I got a call from our team manager to inform me of some tragic news. One of the City of Norwich runners had collapsed towards the end of an 11 mile stage and despite the best efforts of the medical staff he could not be revived.

That completely knocked me for six. All 3 City of Norwich teams were withdrawn from the race so there was no 18 mile relay leg to run. I got home and decided to go out for a run to clear the head. I didn't know the guy personally but it was very upsetting news. I ran for just under an hour and then met up with some mates for a few beers. RIP Darryl Davis. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: