Thursday, July 28, 2011

Upsizing

I always prefer to run a set distance rather than a time. So rather than 2 x 10 minutes, I was to use my local 3.6km marked route which meant more than 10 minutes for each rep...

I've used this course a number of times in the past - though not recently. The outward section is all gradual uphill, made worse today by the fact that I was running into a stiff breeze. Coming back was a lot easier and I'm of the mindset that's easier to get the tough rep out of the way knowing full well the second one was going to be a lot easier. Times were 11:54 going out (3:18 pace) and 11:19 coming back (3:09 pace). In between I had 2 and a half minutes recovery.

With warm-up and warm down (6.9km), I knocked out 14.1km for the day.

Here's a race report from the Balla 10km. I like the video of the finish line. I didn't realise the gate over the finish line was so low! People having to duck under the banner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you didn't do your aeroplane finish in thet race, you'd end up with no arms

Brick said...

I get tired reading your blog, it is amazing how fast you are at all distances.
When are you going to give a 100km/100mile race a go?

Cheers
Brick

BeerMatt said...

Brick, sorry but no chance. Marathons are too much like hard work. Anything further is just nuts!