Saturday, July 16, 2011

Token Hills

My lack of hillwork is so apparent in races. I seem to almost give up on the tough hills and knowing that there is a hilly 10km on my race aganda, I though I'd do a token hills session...

I drove to Dangan and did a longish warm-up of 7.2km with Owen. Then to Chestnut lane where I ran some 30 second uphill sprints. I used the downhill as slow walk/jog recovery and that was taking around 70 seconds. I broke the session up into 3 sets with 2 and a half minutes recovery bewteen sets and managed a total of 16 x 30 seconds (5 in the first set, 5 in the second and 6 to finish with).

A tough enough session. Only 8 minutes of hard running but it really has you gasping for air if you run them hard. I finished up with a 4km warm-down so all up 15.2km for the day.

No comments: