Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thirsty

Track night. Easy session though, a sharpener before the 10km on Saturday. After a 4mile warm-up, I did 6 x 200m (with wind on the back), with 200 jog recovery (less than a minute). Then 3 miles cool down. All up 13.6km. I have to stop mixing metric and imperial. Very confusing.

All the 200's were in the 33-35 second range. An easy a track session as I can remember.

That's the second night on the trot that I've been caught in an icy rain shower. Absolutely freezing. Any chance of some decent weather before Christmas?

Winding down now with a few half litre cans of Guinness drunk in my trusty pint glass. There I go again...

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Just catching up with some back reading of your post Mat!

Good to see you moving through the racing and training so well. Do you do much in the way of stretching?

I've really tightened up over the last month and ground to a bit of a halt. Maybe cause I never stretch. I'm Trying to get into the "habit" now so to speak.

What's your experience here Mat?

Nice

BeerMatt said...

Scott, good to hear from you. I always stretch at the end of a run. No more than 5 minutes just working on calves, quads, hamstrings, etc. If I'm doing a track session then I'll do a few stretches and run throughs beforehand and that's about it!

Do you get regular massage? That could help if you have tightened up. Hopefully you'll be back into it soon.