Thursday, May 05, 2011

More than one way to skin a lap

It went something like this. Arrived at the track, did a 2 mile warm-up then a few run throughs. Then straight into it.

I wanted to run at least 12 by 400. A few more if I was feeling okay. The plan was to run them comfortable without the feeling of "going to the well". I pretty much had the track to myself albeit for one person who insisted on walking round in lane 1. So this was almost secret training. Well it would be if I wasn't telling you all now.

After about 7 reps I told myself that I was really, really, enjoying these...by 10 I was getting bored and my competitive side took over and I started racing myself. By 15 I was knackered and called it a day.

Oh yeah, the lap. Quite windy which made the back straight a breeze(!), then a very tough home straight running into the wind. I was consistently 32 seconds at 200m only to slow up a lot after rounding the final bend. It was like a float then an effort each lap.

I finished up with the same 2 mile warm-down. Here are the times:

72/70/70/69/68/69/68/68/68/68/68/68/68/67/67

Recovery was 60 seconds. A solid session. All up 12.4km for the day.

2 comments:

David said...

"Solid" more like awesome!
Sub 15m30 easy

Anonymous said...

great times matt not far behind the fastest white man for marathon
http://www.flynnsports.com/speaker/78-Ryan-Hall/video/358056-Mammoth-TC-WOW-Marathon-Prep