Monday, May 02, 2011

The Judd-onaut

Just finished watching the snooker. Amazing game. Judd got beaten but what a talent. A future world champion for sure. That match was a great advertisement for the game.

Anyway, back to running...I stretched out the legs today and felt pretty good. My bread and butter local loop of 9.5km in 38:43 (4:05/km). Calves a bit tight but that's to be expected after running 21.1kms in racing flats. Very windy again today but no rain so I wasn't complaining.

A few more thoughts from yesterday. The results were up on the website but were pretty poor to be honest. It doesn't tell you gun time, chip time, position, category place, etc. Surely this would be relatively straight-forward with chip timing? Plus reading some feedback it seems that a lot of the mile markers were missing for the half. That would explain why I didn't see any for 7 miles! Oh and I remembered this horrible hill climbing up onto a big bridge running into the wind in the back end of the race. I was so close to walking...

I'll try and race tomorrow if I can get a babysitter. Should be okay.

Ps, I need to start playing more snooker (again). Any decent players or tables in the Claregalway area? Send me a comment if you have any info. A long shot I know...

5 comments:

Samurai Running said...

I was talking to a few guys in Osaka after my race on Friday and they said they are reading you now.

Getting the international recognition you deserve I reckon Matt. Keep up the great posts!

Ronoc said...

Well done Matt, nice running

Anonymous said...

there are some good players and the tables aren't to bad upstairs in sailthill, not seapoint but the one across the road

Ronoc said...

Caesars Palace I think is the one the previous poster is referring to although its been a fair few years since I've been there

BeerMatt said...

Thanks Scott. Hopefully a few people find some of my ramblings useful.

Anon/Ronoc, I think Caesars Palace shut last month. Pity.