Tuesday, April 23, 2013

12 x 400 off 60 seconds

A warm-up around the pitches and 6 laps of the track for starters (5.7km).

Then the track session - planned to take it easy but as Gary and John were there that soon went out of the window. The first rep was a little lethargic, then I ran well for the remainder. If anything I was holding back a bit - we'd perhaps go through 200m a little too quick (with the benefit of the wind) and then cruise the last 200m. Here are the times:

69/67/66/67/67/68/67/67/67/67/66/66

Looking back to 2011 when I ran a lot of 400's for numerous 5km races, these times would be on a par with my best ever so that's encouraging. I must say it makes a huge difference running with the group (we took turns leading out each rep). Really enjoyed it (and I never took the full minute recovery - it was nearer 58 seconds).

A 4 lap warm-down followed by another trip around the pitches (4.9kms). All up 15.4kms for the day.

Here's a photo from the race on Saturday (thanks Patrick). It's just on the approach to the finish line:

No comments: