Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday

A carbon copy of yesterday's 10km run. This time I was 8 seconds quicker (40:46). Lots of runners about at the moment, it must be the longer evenings.

I have my entry confirmed for the Great Ireland Run on April 10th in Dublin which doubles up as the Irish National 10km road championships. It should be a great race and I think they are expecting over 10,000 runners so it should be of a high standard. Thankfully the club runners get to start near the front. It's a quick first 5km, then a grind to the finish (so I've been told). A positive split of at least 30 seconds is to be expected...

2 comments:

ronoc said...

Hey Matt, another question, how do you approach your weekly training, do you have a pre determined 10-16 week training plan that you follow or do you just decide weekly/daily what session you are gonna do?

BeerMatt said...

Since living in Ireland (arrived May 2010) I have pretty much done my own thing week on week. I had a bit of help in the build up to Dublin Marathon from one of the local coaches but other than that I just decide what to do at the start of each week. I certainly don't follow a long-term weekly plan. I suppose after running for 10 years you know what you have to get done in prep for races and it's a case of getting out there and ticking off the necessary sessions.