Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Track session

Out to Dangan tonight. Another fabulous evening. Almost like being back in Sydney...

After a 10 minute warm-up, the session was 1200's off one minute recovery. The target was 8km race pace. So that was 3:48 per effort for me (3:10/km pace) but I wasn't going to be too bothered if I wan a bit slower as I was still not fully recovered from the weekend.

The times were as follows:

3:51, 3:50, 3:49, 3:49

The plan was to do 6 efforts but the left calf was becoming progressively tight/sore throughout the session so I pulled the pin after 4. Definitely time for a massage. Hopefully I haven't done any lasting damage - we shall see over the next few days.

I changed shoes and ran a slow 2km warm-down to finish with. All up 9.3km for the session.

No comments: