Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday

The same 10km run as last Monday. The time was 40:54 and again felt really easy. The calf feels back to normal so I'll resume proper training with a track session on Wednesday.

With less than 2 weeks to go before the 10km in Dublin, I'm a little short on time to get in some decent speed sessions. Plus my Mum is visiting this weekend from Spain and being her first trip to Ireland will mean that there will be a spike in the local pub trade. Which is nice. The sub 32 may have to wait...excuses, excuses...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent blog Matt, very interesting especially your marathon improvement tips. What sort of mileage were you doing for Dublin, do you do particular hill workouts and do you do any core specific work?

BeerMatt said...

Anon, see my post of Oct 25th last year. I averaged 91kms for the 12 weeks up to and including the marathon week. With regards to hill workouts and core, I think the quick answer is none! Some of the runs I do have a few hills in but I've only done one specific hill session since May 2010. No core work whatsoever. I'm missing a lot of these one percenters...

ronoc said...

thanks Matt, thats very impressive from what would be considered by some a low weekly mileage. Your times across all distances is incredible. Are you gonna do another marathon in 2011? Did you do anything in particular to lose the extra few pounds [give up the beer!!!]or was it just a result of extra training. I'm a whore for chocolate and am struggling to lose pounds!

BeerMatt said...

Ronoc, no plans to run another marathon this year. I think the weight just came off gradually and I had a few periods where I would cut out rubbish in the diet. I certainly didn't give up the beer!