Sunday, January 06, 2013

Wet Wet Wet

Another long run today. Very wet conditions and I decided to get the worst part out of the way by running into the wind for the first half of the run. My route took me from Claregalway to Carnmore, then on to Oranmore, then the Coast Road. Then up through Doughiska, before taking the Monivea Road back to Carnmore. Then the final stretch for home. All up 22.1kms in 1:35:12 (4:18's). Absolutely soaked come the end.

That's 91.4kms for the week (with one rest day). From here on I'll start doing more speedwork - I'll probably settle on 2 speed sessions per week as 3 is too much. So Tuesday track and then either Thursday or Saturday depending on what best fits.

Forgot to mention that I played darts again last night in the pub - not the normal 501 but a game of cricket (which I've never played before). Teams of pairs and a fair bit of strategy involved - very enjoyable.

No comments: