Tuesday, January 29, 2013

10 x 400 off 60 secs

Bog standard session - perfect for my build-up to the indoors a week on Saturday. A longish warm-up of over 6km in what turned out to be very favourable conditions. Very lucky really as for most of the day it was wet and blowing another gale...

The session was to be 10 x 400 (some people did 12). I planned to run them all hard tonight to see where I'm at. Here are the times:

72/70/68/68/68/67/66/66/66/64

The first one was again a bit of a warm-up but then I wound up the pace. At halfway the coach (another Matt) mentioned he wanted me to run the second half of the session quicker - finishing with some 65's. I was already feeling it so wasn't sure that was possible but managed to find something. The last one I was pushed all the way by Niall who looks to be coming into some great form. I finished the session absolutely spent - I can't recall pushing myself like that for a long time. Doubled over gasping for breath at the finish and all that...

Another great session. The group goes from strength to strength - well over 50 runners (again) and everyone looking to be running well. Very lucky to have a group like this to train with.

All up 13.8kms with warm-down. I'd say I'll be sore tomorrow as I'm not used to running at that pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt,

Will you be Marathoning this year?

John

BeerMatt said...

John, sorry I forgot to answer this! Short answer - no! My focus is on 5km to 10km!