Monday, April 11, 2011

Keep on running

I headed out the door at 8pm for my 9.5km loop. The legs felt as fresh as a daisy, as if I hadn't raced the day before. I picked the pace up a bit and covered off the run in 38:19 (4:02/km). Feeling good.

How short the running memory is. At the time of the race I was absolutely flat stick for the full 10km but today I had many thoughts that perhaps I had given up a bit at the business end of the race. Also, I watched the race today on the TV and had to laugh when the female winner had said that the hills weren't that bad really and that she was just jogging the first half of the race. I wish I could jog at 3:12/km pace. Oh to be young again.

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Yes good point about "How short the running memory is" Matt. And yes I saw a bloke of about 25 finishing a 10K the other week and he came into the finishing chute with not a drop of sweat on him with his arms out doing a bloody airplane impression! Running like this for 31 minutes I thought too... "Nice to be young!!"

By the way, if you don't mind: How old are you Matt?

BeerMatt said...

Getting close to another zero....39 at the moment and 40 in September.

Samurai Running said...

You are going to be some Masters runner if you hold on to your PBs and continue to get faster!!