Thursday, April 07, 2011

An easy hour

A local run of 14.4km in 59:02 (4:06/km). The long evenings have well and truly kicked in now. I left home at 7:30pm and there was still plenty of light at the end. Nice weather also with the wind finally having dropped.

Thoughts now turn to Sunday's 10km. As mentioned previously, it's a tough last 5km so it's all about putting time in the bank in the first half. Assuming a 40 second positive split I think splits of 15:50/16:30 (32:20) would be about right. That pace is similar to what I ran on Wednesday and I must say it felt far from comfortable. Lets hope it all falls into place on the day...

I suppose I have to mention McMillan. Based on my recent 10 miler (53:20), he is predicting a time of 31:50. So is my target of 32:20 a bit soft? Maybe but I feel I haven't done enough out and out speedwork to get to that time. If it does happen then I will be pleasantly surprised, and after that drunk.

1 comment:

David said...

Good Luck Sunday!
Sub 32 If the conditions and course favour.