Saturday, January 31, 2009

LCNP

A test run for the new orthotics.

Ran the Striders 10km course through Lane Cove National Park. Took it easy to the top, then ran a tempo run to the bottom in 16:22. A shade over 3:30/km but pleased with that considering it was nearly 30 degrees! Ran another 3.5km to "warm down" so all up 13.5km. Orthotics felt great. Based on this form I reckon I'm in 35-36 shape for next week's 10km race at the same venue.

Lots of hills this week in very hot conditions. I'm hoping that a flat cold London course will be a cake walk compared to this.

Knee not as bad but didn't get round to having the massage. Must do still.

Long run tomorrow. Hoping for cooler conditions as I plan to be out there for 2 and a half hours.

Oh, I've decided to do Febfast. Basically a dry February. So last beers tonight for a while and I have a couple of Cooper's longnecks in the fridge that won't be there for too much longer.

No comments: