Saturday, November 03, 2012

The Wedding Present - Galway

I managed to squeeze in a run in the afternoon. I wanted to do some quicker stuff so decided to run a 10km tempo effort. Conditions were horrendous - running in hail and rain with a strong wind to boot. It was a weird sort of run as with the wind behind I was running at 3:22/km pace feeling very comfortable; then into the wind it was 3:40/km flat stick. I completed the 10km in 34:28 which I was extremely happy with. All up 15.9kms with warm-up/down.

Out to the Roisin Dubh in the evening for TWP take #2. Basically the same set as the night before with 3 or 4 different songs. A much better venue being much smaller and more intimate than the Button Factory. I was pretty much front and centre for the entire gig and there was even a bit of moshing during the quicker songs. Absolutely brilliant.

No comments: