Thursday, November 15, 2012

2 x 12 minutes

Some more speed work. A repeat of the session I did 4 weeks ago - this time with 2.5 minutes recovery.

Warm-up of 2.2kms and the usual local road for this type of stuff. I felt out of sorts during the first 12 minute effort and without realising it I had the benefit of the breeze and was disappointed to cover 3.61kms (3:20/km pace). The return leg felt even harder and I was really struggling. Lack of sleep might be a factor - lots of thoughts of pulling the pin mid effort but I finished covering 3.65kms (3:17/km pace). I should be able to run 3:15/km pace but that was never going to happen today.

Probably being a little hard on myself. I don't suppose it was too bad considering I wasn't feeling right (especially as the second effort was better feeling shite). All up 14.4kms with warm-down.

A brilliant game of darts in the evening at the Grand Slam of Darts. Michael Van Gerwen turning off the Power (Phil Taylor) defeating him 10-5. Both averaging over 105....incredible.

No comments: