Sunday, March 21, 2010

Double 10

Headed out at lunchtime. Down to LCNP. Same old, same old.

As soon as I got out of the car I realised that it was quite warm. Unperturbed, I started the 10km course and was running along quite nicely at 4:30/km pace and all seemed okay. I went through 10km in 44:56 and turned round for the second loop. By 13km I was slowing, not by much say 8 seconds per km. I kept focusing on getting the run finished as it seemed to be getting hotter. By 17km, I calculated that I had 12:45 left to run the last 3km to keep the second 10km at the same pace. A lot of huffing and puffing later I'd finished with an all up time of 1:29:37 (4:29/km pace).

Right knee not too bad but not right. Will try and get a massage tomorrow on some sore spots and hope that it gets better.

So that's 78.6km for the week. A good week with a huge 5km PB.

Got back into the car and checked the outside temperature. A barmy 37 degrees. Clucking bell, perhaps that wasn't such a bad run after all.

No comments: