Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Speed Gone

I arrived at the track and did a warm-up with the middle distance guys of around 3.8km. The session tonight was again off track with 8 to 10 by 3 minutes around the pitches off 1 minute. After the second rep I pulled the pin as it was very slippery on the corners and I nearly went A over T a few times.

So after jogging back to the track I decided to do 8 x 1km off 200 jog recovery on my lonesome. The breathing felt fine but the reps were slow. I'm not sure where my speed has gone as it seems I can't even run a 72 second lap at the moment. A few months back I could run my 400's in 67 no problem. Old age, poor training and too much booze perhaps.

Anyway, the recovery was about 50m walk, then 150m slow jog which was taking 70 to 75 seconds before starting each 1km at the start/finish line. The rep times were:

3:16, 3:14, 3:15, 3:15, 3:15, 3:14, 3:13, 3:12

Consistent and some longer stuff in the bag with the upcoming half marathon. That said, I should be able to run sub 3:10 for kms feeling comfortable but it certainly wasn't happening tonight. One of my poorest sessions this year...

I finished up with a 3.2km warm-down so around 18kms for the day.

No comments: