Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Double Bubble

Went to the gym in the morning to take Conor to creche and did a very easy 4km run in 20 minutes. I then did a bit of cycling to help free the legs up.

In the evening I went out to Olympic park for some intervals. After a 4km warm-up, I did 5 x 800s with 400 jog recovery. The recovery time was about 2:20 each interval.

My times were 2:23/2:22/2:22/2:22/2:21

Very happy with that (all at sub 3 minute km pace). That's a good sign that I'm in pretty good nick. A did 2km as a warm-down then some stretching.

Looking back, the 10km time last week was a little slower than expected but times in general were slow. I think the humidity had a lot to do with that. I'm now of the opinion that I'm in sub 34 shape given better conditions. That's getting close to my 10km road PB...

No comments: