Friday, February 26, 2010

Deja Vu

4 beers last night so no issues this morning. Headed down to LCNP first thing for my time trial. Was hoping for another improvement.

Usual warm-up for 5.4km. Felt really good. The weather was cooler than I was used to, the knee felt good, in fact I didn't really have an excuse on hand.

At the top I did a bit of stretching and then dropped the hammer. First checkpoint (1.6km) was 5:06 so 1 second up on last week. Then with 2km to go I was 8:18 (?), then with 1km to go I was 11:40 (same as last week). A quick last km of 3:09 saw me home in 14:49 (3:12 per km pace). A 4 second improvement basically all in the last km.

That was pleasing. That's 3 improvements in my PB in the last 3 weeks. Time to carry this form into my next 10km race one week today at North Head. Hoping for a big sub 34.

A couple of km warm down so a total of 12km.

Heading out tonight with a few mates for some beers. Could be a big one...

No comments: