Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday

A late night - in bed at 2am 8 beers to the good. Got up at 8am not feeling great. My running window was the morning so after 2 cups of strong coffee I was out the door.

Back to LCNP. I was planning to run for 1hr30 and thought I may be able to get over 20km in. Started running and that thought went quickly out of the window. I felt awful from go to whoa and was really struggling. The heat, lack of sleep, too much booze, etc, not a good combination.

Went through 10km in 46:35 and was hoping I might come good after that. But no, I felt worse. The next 10km were a real slog. Left knee started hurting. Battled on and finished the 20km in 1:34:21. So the second 10km was covered in 47:46. The worst run of the year. What a difference a day makes...

So that's 91.8km for the week. The biggest so far of the year. A good week despite today's effort. There is a lesson to be learnt here for sure.

Ps, the band were great.

No comments: