Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday

More time trialling. I had to run at lunchtime which meant it was going to be hot but I wasn't going to use that as an excuse.

So back to my time trial course at LCNP. A 5.6km warm-up in 25:20 which felt like really hard work. I don't think the humidity was too bad but it must have been close to 30 degrees. Anyway, did a bit of stretching and went for it.

Attacked the first part of the course, went through my first checkpoint in 5:07 so 12 seconds up on last week. Then it was a case of maintaining the effort for the final 3km. With 2km to go I was still up on schedule. The last checkpoint I was 11:40 so with a quick last km I was going to break 15 minutes. Didn't feel great and was pleased to see the end in 14:53. An 11 second improvement on last week (3:13/km for the 4.632km).

Basically all the improvement was in the first 1.6km. The last section of the course was covered in 9:46 which was 1 second slower than last week. With cooler conditions there must still be some more improvement to come.

Did a 3.2km warm-down so all up 13.2km. Pleased with that. Another PB.

Off to see British Sea Power tonight. A few beers probably.

No comments: