Sunday, April 05, 2015

Getting back on track

A full week of training completed. Still not feeling quite right but got all my runs in and had a decent hit-out on Saturday in Kilmovee.

Here's the week:

Mon - 10km recovery run (treadmill) 36:05

Tue - 2km up, 10km threshold 32:49, 2km down (treadmill)

Wed - 2km up, strides, 6 x 3 mins at 2% incline off 90 secs, 2.3km down (treadmill)

Thu - 10km recovery run (treadmill) 35:59

Fri - easy 4.8km 20:58 out of zone

Sat - Kilmovee 10km 32:16 (all up 15.4kms with up/down)

Sun - Claregalway 14.8km recovery run 57:31 (3:54's)

Total for the week 80.0kms.

A great turn out in Kilmovee for the 10km with about 600 lining up at the start. I hit the front and ran a quick first km to open up a lead over John Byrne and then it was all about staying strong whilst in time trial mode. Conditions were nice and still and quite warm and by the time I reached 5km in 15:48 I was just about done. The second half was a real struggle but i was determined to keep pushing on as I wanted to break the course record and going into the last km I knew it was going to be touch and go as there is a very nasty hill to negotiate. At the top of the hill I put in a huge effort and managed to cross the line in 32:17 for a 3 second course record and another win. I really enjoyed the day but knew from how I was feeling and my high HR that the body still isn't quite right. But to run my 3rd quickest 10km ever when not on top of my game isn't half bad! Much kudos to the organisers of this race - it's a real cracker with just about everyone in the local community is involved.

Here's a photo of me crossing the line:


No comments: