Sunday, March 01, 2015

Just like that

The week just gone:

Mon - Treadmill recovery run 10km 36:41

Tue - 2km up, 10km threshold 32:29, 2km down

Wed - 2km up, 10km threshold 32:30, 2km down

Thu - Treadmill recovery run 10km 36:20

Fri - 2km up, 2 x 3km tempo 8:57 and 8:52, 2km down

Sat - Treadmill recovery run 10km 35:59

Sun - 2km up, 14km threshold 45:07, 2km down (went through 10km in 32:17...)

Total 86.0kms for the week.

A good week all in all. Three threshold runs and tried to up the pace a little and get a bit higher up my threshold zone. And my first tempo session in yonks (maybe since last November?), I was happy with that - both 3km efforts nicely under 9 minutes and was certainly working hard but that heart rate wasn't going as high as I'd like. But it was a start. I may try a sub 15 minute 5km next week for something different...

All the above were treadmill runs due to very poor weather. I need to get outdoors. The paces are very flattering and I reckon I'm 6 or 7 seconds per km quicker on the treadmill compared to perfect outdoor conditions.

Knee still not right ever since the XC. Going for a rub tomorrow. It's fine when running but aches a lot post run. Something I'm going to have to live with for a while I'd say.

Other than that very busy with the lactate testing. Plus I've started taking a track session in Claremorris on Thursday evenings which is great fun. Still playing snooker once a week and actually played okay on Wednesday for the first time in a while (high break of 36 but kept missing the key balls). Darts are also going well - doing a bit more practise and that's what it's all about. Beer intake steady but room for improvement....

No comments: