Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mon to Sat

Here's the first 6 days of the week:

Mon - Treadmill 10km recovery run 35:59 (3:36's)

Tue - 2.0km up, 12km threshold 39:51 (3:19's), 2.3km down (outdoors)

Wed - Claregalway 11.1km recovery run 40:34 (3:39's)

Thu - 2.0km up, strides, 6 x 1km at 3:00/km pace (2% incline - recovery 90 secs), 2.3km down

Fri - Claregalway 12.6km recovery run (3:46's)

Sat - Claregalway 5.0km out of zone 21:17 (4:15's)

A good couple of sessions there - a very encouraging outdoor threshold run on St Patrick's day in perfect running weather. That's 51 seconds quicker than the previous week. So much more benefit getting the runs completed outside as compared to the treadmill - I feel a lot stronger as a result.

A repeat of my speed session on Thursday from last week. I was at the top of my threshold zone and dipped into the tempo zone towards the end of the session. Felt much more comfortable this week so I think I'll keep doing this session but lengthen the reps slightly.

Hitting my zones and found it much easier to get into the zones this week - you won't hear me saying that very often. I think that 3,000m lifted my heart rate to new levels and anything below that suddenly seems a lot more manageable.

Left knee still giving me some grief. Lots of stretching and foam rolling and all that - if I could only get it fixed once and for all I'd really put in a good block of training....

Craughwell 10 tomorrow. If I can maintain the pace from the run on Tuesday for another 4.1kms I'll be in with a PB shout....

No comments: