Sunday, September 11, 2016

Charlestown 10km

A nice easy start to the week:

Mon - Rest

Tue - Rest

Wed - Rest

Thu - Claregalway 9.5km easy run 39:52 (4:12's)

Fri – Treadmill 10.0km easy run 38:28 (3:51’s)

Sat – Charlestown 10km – 32:28 (3:15’s) – all up 14.2kms

Sun - Treadmill 15.0km recovery run 57:45 (3:51’s)

Total for the week 48.7km

I decided to take 3 days complete rest from running to see if that helped the groin. Nothing changed really and after my biggest break from running in yonks I was itching to turn the legs over. I felt okay Thursday and Friday but the intensity wasn’t great…

I took the decision to race at the last minute and it turned into a good day. There was nobody pushing me and my only incentive was to go for the course record (32:32). The conditions were okay – but certainly a breeze to deal with. At halfway I was 16:12 so I had no excuses not to go for it. I ran a good section once hitting the main road for the run home and I thought I’d run 32 low. But the last km seemed to last an age and in the end it was touch and go to break the record by only 4 seconds. Happy with that and I won the race by over 4 minutes.

Groin not happy as a result and I managed a recovery run the next day but certainly in some discomfort…


No comments: