Sunday, August 07, 2016

Runs of the wrong kind...

This week didn't go to plan:

Mon - Claregalway 14.8km recovery run 53:40 (3:38's)

Tue am - Treadmill 10 x 1km threshold reps. All up 13.0kms

Tue pm - Tuam AC 6.5km easy run

Wed - Treadmill 8.0km 30:07 (3:46's)

Thu - Claregalway 9.5km easy run 43:22 (4:34's)

Fri - Claregalway 9.5km easy run 41:30 (4:22's)

Sat - Treadmill 10km building up to recovery 39:20 (3:56's)

Sun - Treadmill 10km building up to recovery 38:54 (3:53's)

Total 81.3km

Despite not feeling right I started the week well enough with half decent sessions on Monday and Tuesday. But by Wednesday the energy levels weren't right and I had stomach issues. By Thursday I was really suffering and I was working hard running 4:30/km pace. A little better on Friday but I was in no shape to run the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon on the weekend so I took the decision to pull the pin. A few shuffles on the treadmill on the weekend just to build up a bit of a sweat but the body was far from right so definitely a correct decision.

Disappointing but I can't really complain as I seldom get sick. It was probably my own doing after caning it a bit through race week. Just run down and a bad dose. Hopefully I'll bounce back quickly...

No comments: