Sunday, March 06, 2016

Would you like fries with your fries?

Not proper training – just exercise to burn off the huge American calorie intake:

Mon – New York 13.7km easy run 54:54 (4:00’s)

Tue – New York 13.7km recovery run 51:53 (3:47’s)

Wed - New York 13.7km easy run 54:36 (3:59’s)

Thu – New York 13.7km recovery run 52:08 (3:48’s)

Fri - New York 13.7km easy run 57:41 (4:13’s)

Sat – Rest (travel)

Sun – Claregalway 9.5km easy run 39:37 (4:10's)

Total for week 78.0km

It was about a mile run down to central park. Then my route was a full lap of the outside of the park running anti-clockwise. Then the run back to the hotel. Crossing the blocks is a nightmare but you soon learn how to gauge the intersections. Once you get into the park it’s fantastic for running. The outer loop seemed to be around 10km with plenty of ups and downs to keep you working. I varied the pace each day between easy and recovery and not a hint of threshold pace on any day.

I enjoyed the trip but I won’t be rushing back. The food was pretty crap and the beer was astronomical in price. I must be getting tight in my old age. Plenty to see and do but it’s not a destination to visit if you’re on a budget. I think I was spoilt living in Sydney for so long!

No comments: