Saturday, March 14, 2009

Longer Tempo

I decided I would run 2 laps of the Bay at marathon pace. I did a couple of km warm-up and was ready to go. My handicaps today were my heavy joggers (race flats are no good for dodgy knees) and the fact that it was 24 degrees and very humid (not good for the 6 footers).

The first lap came and went in 26:30 and I seemed to feel a bit stronger on the second lap which was 26:28. So this was around 3:47/km pace. So I just need to keep that up for 42.2km and I'll have my sub 2:40....

Ran a couple of km warm-down. All up 18km. The left knee can at best be described as okay. It was a little sore to start with but the pain soon subsided. This will be a familiar story over the coming few weeks...

Tomorrow long and it will no doubt be the Bridges plus some Bay kms.

No comments: