Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kneesy Does It

My left knee was aching during the night and still very sore this morning. I did some stretching at work and decided to try out a lunchtime run. I was expecting pain.

Started off on the grass running very gingerly (some would say gay-like). It was painful every left foot strike. It gradually improved and by the time 15 minutes had elapsed the pain had subsided a lot but there was still a dull ache. I continued on for 10km in just under 45 minutes. At the end I did lots more stretching...

I was expecting the knee to become more painful in the afternoon after I had cooled down (with patella injuries this tends to happen). But it wasn't too bad. Not good by any means, but it had definitely improved post run. I have booked a massage for Friday morning, so I just have to get through Ourimbah on Thursday and hopefully some elbow treatment in the quads will help fix things further.

Maybe I jarred the knee on Tuesday without realising it. Hopefully it gets better still tomorrow. I suppose the good thing is that I still managed to run today and the knee seems marginally better as a result. I have to remain positive.

No comments: