Monday, May 04, 2015

Bingham

There was a local 5km charity fun run in Claregalway so I decided to run that as the proceeds were for a great cause. I fronted up and it was all walkers and only a handful of runners. The siren sounded and I planned to take it handy but that plan soon went out of the window when a young lad took up the running......we were side-by-side for the first 500m until we hit the big 600m hill and to my relief I started to open up a bit of a gap. I was well into my threshold zone by this stage so decided to keep up the effort level up and stay in that zone.

The kms clocked by on a very familiar route to me and before long I was crossing the line in 16:11 for a comfortable victory. Good fun and well organised and tea and biscuits after. Lovely.

Well the good news is that I've finally made some real progress with my left knee. After at least 18 months of constant patella pain when I'm running I've started doing some abductor stretches and the difference is incredible. I'm not quite pain-free but I'm 1 out of 10 on the pain scale whereas I'm normally around a 3. I'll keep stretching away and hope that it stays like this...

And a brilliant win for Bingham in the snooker. Thoroughly deserved. Really enjoyed watching that.

No comments: