Tuesday, January 07, 2014

12 x 400 off a minute

A long awaited return to track. I knew the session was to be 400's which seemed like a nice one to make my return. A warm-up of 3.8km on the road, followed by 4 laps of the track and then it was time to break into groups. I was with Andrew, Eamon and Cian and we started taking turns leading out the laps. My plan was to run them around 72ish and hopefully feel nice and relaxed. That's pretty much what happened though my times were maybe a little quicker than target. Just checked the watch and my times have somehow been wiped but I recall running one 69, a few 70's, some 71's and 72's and one 73. I'd say my average was around 71 so that will do. Especially pleasing as it was quite a testing night - the track was wet and there was a nasty wind mid-way round the final bend and the home straight.

Andrew was running really well and was several seconds clear each lap. He'll be dangerous this year on that form.

I finished up with a 3.8km warm-down with the lads - and we hit an absolute torrential downpour which soaked the lot of us. All up 14.0kms for the day.

No comments: